Do you sign up for just about every free sample you come across?? I know I do. Do you buy a bunch of travel size items because you can get said items for FREE? I do that as well. Are all these small items adding up, making you wonder, "What in the world am I going to do with all this stuff"?
(Some of my unused samples, travel items)
I get asked all the time, "What are you going to do with baby or animal stuff"? Being that I don't have either it seems odd to some that I would even request free samples of such, etc. In my somewhat clever mind(lol) I'm thinking what a perfect Baby Shower gift, or my Best Friend would love to have all this FREE dog stuff for her doggies!
But I would have to say that all this stuff could make someone the perfect Christmas gift. I know some of you are thinking a Christmas gift really? Yes really!
Here are a few tips that can make for a great, cheap but lovely gift.
-What all do I need? First all those unwanted samples, etc. you pretty much know you won't be needing or using anytime soon. The other thing I recommend is baskets. I'm always going to Yard Sales so I always try to find nice looking cheap baskets there.
(Some of my Basket Stockpile)
Now my young kids would never want this sort of gift. So it's best to figure out the person your wanting to make the gift for then lay out all the samples and stuff you have. Then just get to playing around adding or removing stuff from you basket til you've got what you think is a good gift! Simple!
Here are a couple of Gift Baskets I made up really quick just for the purpose of this post. You can add tissue paper inside the baskets, add a Christmas bow(I recycle these each Christmas). Get as crafty as you'd like. Remember it's your gift your giving. There is no right or wrong way.
"The Man Basket" "The Baby Basket"
"The Ladies Basket" "The Doggie Basket"
I hope this post has maybe helped a few of you or inspired you into making your own gifts.
I'd love to hear any of your tips or ideas you have for gifts, etc.
3 comments:
This is such a cute idea! I love making baskets for gifts, but never thought of the samples! Thanks :)
You could also add some samples to Christmas shoeboxes that many church groups do this time of year to give the those less fortunate. Of course you would want to put other items in as well, but samples make great fillers as you have limited room:)
My best friends husband is in the military and over seas. I just gave her some of my free samples so she could mail them to him. I am sure that any military person would love free toothpaste and such.
Post a Comment