After months and months of watching others making their versions of Homemade Laundry Soap, I finally decided it was time for me to give it a try. I also decided to try out Homemade Fabric Softener while I was at it.
Items you will need:
- 1 (55oz) Arm & Hammer Super Washing Powder $3.24
- 1 (76oz) Box of Borax $3.97
- 1 (4lb) Box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda $2.24
- 2 Zote Bars $.97ea
- 3lbs of OxiClean $7.52
- 1 Bottle of Purex Crystals, Downy Unstoppables. Whatever scent or brand you prefer. $3.97
For Your 1st Time you will also need:
- 5gal bucket or tote with a lid
- 2T scoop for measuring your laundry
- Container for your detergent or some use the Purex Crystals bottle
1st Step: Combine Arm & Hammer Super Washing Powder, Borax and OxiClean in your 5gal bucket.
2nd Step: Grating both Zote bars. You can either use a cheese grater or a food processor if your lucky to have one.
3rd Step: Combine 3-4 cups of the Zote with 1/4th box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda in your food processor. Run on high for about a minute. Repeat process til ingredients are gone.
Once finished combine with the other ingredients in your 5gal bucket.
4th Step: Add in entire bottle of Purex Crystals. Put the lid on and shake til everything is well combined.
Then it should look a little something like this
Now you can store the detergent you will use in your container you bought or the Purex Crystals Bottle and keep the rest in your 5gal bucket.
~ My total was $22.88 + tax. With using only 2T per load this should make you a little over 250 loads which equals out around $.10 a load!!
Have a different Homemade Laundry Detergent you wanna share email me or share it with us on Facebook.