Sunday, May 4, 2014

Simplifying Life : Supper Edition


I finally decided to try my hand at making freezer meals for dinner.  I decided I would start small and only make a weeks worth of dinners. I know you can find millions of recipes and several people make a months worth but I didn't want to overwhelm myself the first time out. 

Before Cooking Day:
- Figure out how many days worth of meals you want to make.
- Find the recipes you want to fix
-Grocery shop before cooking day

Things to Have On Hand:
-Quart & Gallon size Freezer Bags
-Aluminum Baking Dishes
-Aluminum Foil
-Sharpie 

It's cooking time!

I gathered all the ingredients that I needed and laid them out. I decided it would be easier for me to start and finish one meal at a time, as to not confuse or swamp myself. With the help of my loving hubby this was a lot easier than I had initially thought. 

Recipes I chose for the family:

Baked Spaghetti:
Cooked everything as you normally would. Let cool. Add a tad bit of water and spaghetti sauce to the bottom of your freezer pan then layer your spaghetti then freeze.
Cooking Day: Sprinkle cheese on top then bake at 350* long enough for cheese to melt!


Lasagna (Baked)
Same as the Baked Spaghetti, just add a tad of water and sauce to bottom of the pan. 
Cooking Day: Add some cheese on top and cook at 350* til cheese is melted. 





Chili:
Just make your chili as you normally would, maybe think about doubling the batch. We decided to freeze in several bags so we can eat as little or as much as we wanted. 


Honey Chicken (crock pot) served with White Rice:
Ingredients:
6 Chicken breast
1tsp salt
1tsp pepper
1.5 cups of Honey
1/3 cup of Ketchup
1 cup of Soy sauce
1/4 cup of oil
2tbsp minced garlic

Place all ingredients in bag coated and freeze

Cooking day: Slightly thaw and cook on low in Crock-Pot for 6-8hrs


Baked Ziti (Crock pot)


Roast! (Crock pot)
Simply add your favorite Roast & ingredients to a Gallon freezer bag. On cooking day slightly thaw and cook in Crock Pot 6-8hrs on low


Sweet BBQ Chicken (Crock pot)




Simple Tips: 
-Choose the best day where you aren't busy and you're well rested! 
-Make sure to have all your supplies and easily accessible
-Don't overwhelm yourself, TAKE YOUR TIME :)

ENJOY! Remember to follow me on:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Pampers